Introduction to Registering a Company in Anguilla
Anguilla is a UK territory in the Caribbean offering a fantastic environment for offshore companies, excellent banking system and a high degree of political stability, a very important factor when choosing a jurisdiction to incorporate offshore. The legal system is common law based on English law. There are no foreign trade or exchange restrictions and Anguilla is a tax neutral jurisdiction with flight access to North America and Europe.
What are the features and advantages of an Anguilla Company Incorporation?
One of the main benefits is that an Anguila Company Formation can be made in 1 day. An International Business Company (IBC) is the type of company most used for offshore Anguilla companies. An IBC which does no business in Anguilla shall not be subject to any corporate tax, income tax, withholding tax, capital gains tax or other like taxes based upon or measured by assets or income originating outside Anguilla or in matters of company administration which may occur in Anguilla.
The main features can be summarised as follows:
- Only one director or shareholder required for the company formation.
- The shareholder(s) and director(s) can be an individual or a corporate body.
- There is no requirement of appointing local Shareholder/s, Director/s or Secretary for Anguilla Companies.
- There is no requirement for a resident or a qualified secretary.
- Shares can be issued with or without par value;
- There is no minimum or maximum share capital required.
- The books and records should be kept at the registered office of the IBC.
- An Anguilla IBC company should not carry on business with persons resident in Anguilla or carry on business in insurance
How do I proceed with registering a company in Anguila?
For more information about setting up an offshore company in Anguila, please don’t hesitate to contact the incorporation experts at EuroCompanyFormations.com!