Introduction to Registering a Maltese Company
Over the last 20 years, the Republic of Malta has become a high profile international and financial business centre within the European Union. Malta adopted the Euro as it’s official currency in 2008 and is now an attractive base for international financial and business operations, e-commerce and e-gaming operators. Malta has recently begun attracting a new business sector when it passed three bills making it the first EU location to regulate cryptocurrency.
The corporate tax rate can be as low as 5% for foreign-owned Malta registered trading companies when properly structured.
EuroCompanyFormations.com can assist you with the establishment of a Maltese company for asset holding, international trade, online gaming and financial services including cryptocurrency. We can also assist with Trusts, yacht registration and the redomicile of your company to Malta.
Malta Company Benefits
- Generous Tax refund scheme resulting in 5% Corporation Tax on profits from trading activities of a Malta Company (Full exemption on participating holdings)
- No withholding taxes, stamp duties or exchange control restrictions apply to the distribution of profits from the Maltese Company to non-resident shareholders, and these dividends can be expatriated without any restrictions.
- Anonymity for directors and shareholders (nominee services offered)
- Highest level of privacy protection
- The Malta Company will be incorporated using your chosen business name (subject to approval by the Registry of Companies)
- Malta registered companies are considered resident in Malta where management or business is carried out in Malta
- Business can be conducted internationally, and with minimal changes through the Malta Company
- Non-residents are freely entitled to hold shares or office in a Malta Company
- Annual and general meetings of the Maltese Company may be held outside Malta
- Malta Companies may hold funds in banks outside Malta
- Companies can be redomiciled to Malta (transferred from another jurisdiction)
Malta Company Types
- Private Limited Liability Company – the most popular business type for private and commercial ventures in Malta. They require a minimum share capital of €1,200, but only 20% needs to be paid up (€240). This can be paid in any currency.
- Public Limited Liability Company – typically used by large businesses. This company type requires a minimum share capital of approximately €47,000.
- General & Limited partnerships – suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. Does not require a minimum share capital.
Foreign companies can open subsidiaries or branch offices in Malta. Holding companies are tax exempt.
Other Features of a Registered Malta Companies
- New Private Limited Companies can be established within 24hrs
- Single Shareholder companies allowed
- Single Director companies allowed. Corporate directors permitted
- One company secretary is required
- Accounts must be prepared, filed and audited annually
- Readymade companies available
The experts at EuroCompanyFormations.com can assist you with all aspects of forming a Maltese company, first, we will reserve your company name with the Maltese Registry of Companies and draft the memorandum and articles of association. Once we have registered the company and applied for a trade license on your behalf we can proceed with registering the business for VAT and attain a tax identification number. We can also assist with attaining a corporate bank account.
Please Contact Us today to start the process.