Belize Company Formation
Introduction to Registering a Company in Belize
Traditionally the Belize economy was dependant on tourism, marine products, and sugar cane. However, in recent times, Belize has become recognised across the globe as being one of the most tax-friendly jurisdictions for safe offshore banking, offshore accounts, and secure offshore Trusts. Belize offshore company formations enjoy maximum privacy, international banking, asset protection, wealth building and tax-free investment. Belize offers a financially solid and trustworthy country with laws designed to protect the identities of people who hold assets there.
What Company type is best for a Belize Offshore Company Formation?
An Offshore Company incorporated in Belize is known as an IBC (International Business Company) A Belize IBC is exempt from paying local taxes. To qualify as an IBC in Belize the company cannot trade within Belize or own real estate there. Nor can it undertake the business of banking, insurance, assurance or reinsurance. A Belize International Business Company is typically used by clients wishing to operate internationally from a secure, tax-exempt and confidential location.
What are the main features of a Belize Company?
The names or identities of these persons do not appear in any public record. Shareholder/s and/or Director/s nominee services are allowed to ensure confidentiality.
The names of all directors and shareholders are clearly visible on the following documents:
- Organizational Meeting
- Register of Directors
- Register of Members
- Share Certificates
The key features of a Belize Offshore Company include:
- Fast incorporation usually within 1 business day
- Privacy – The names of director(s) and shareholders do not appear on any public document
- Tax-exempt – Belize Offshore companies are exempt from all local taxes
- The company needs only one director and one shareholder
- There is no requirement for resident directors or shareholders
- There is no minimum paid-up capital requirements
- The company does not need to keep accounts
- The names of directors and shareholders are not held on public record
- There is no requirement for directors or shareholders to attend meetings in Belize
How do I proceed with registering a company in Belize?
For more information about setting up an offshore company in Belize, please don’t hesitate to contact the incorporation experts at EuroCompanyFormations.com!